Wednesday, December 3, 2014

December 3rd

What a great week!

One of the really fun things that happened was a Stake Fashion Show. At first I thought it was just going to be an activity about Modesty (mostly because I didn’t know what the Spanish word for fashion show meant…haha) and then it was like a full-blown SHOW. They started with a dance number and had a fancy runway with women of all ages, shapes, and sizes modeling modest clothes for any occasion to fun, up-beat music. Everyone was cheering and applauding the whole time. They had commentators talking about the styles and the clothes and it was awesome. You guys should definitely copy this idea!

Another awesome thing is that we have started sharing pass along cards with people to show the church’s video about how Christ is the real gift of Christmas. Have you seen the video yet? If not, here it is http://www.mormon.org/christmas?cid=HPFR112814529 watch it and then share it all over facebook and twitter and instagram and whatever new social networking things have surfaced in the past 6 months. He is the Gift!

So I killed another companion today! And I’ve got a new one. Hermana Vera. She’s basically Jamila. I love herrrrrrr. She only has one transfer in the mission so I’m sort of her trainer but not really but sort of. I’m super pumped for our time together!!! How does President Douglas know exactly who is so perfect for me???? REVELATION IS REAL.

I ate my first street food and survived. They said it was chicken and it tasted like chicken, but it was unidentifiable haha. But I’m alive and well!

I love you all! Happy December!

No comments:

Post a Comment