Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December 10th

This week has been LONG! But overall good. I don´t usually look back on a week and think that it was hard, but this one was. I´m learning a lot about how different trials can blind us to our true potential and how important it is to trust in the Lord as much as possible. For all you people who think you can´t--you CAN. That´s a promise.

So I´m on my first DIET! And I am not doing so hot haha. It´s not a crazy insane diet. It´s about cutting back, not cutting out. Eating loads of fruits and veggies which is super easy here and a lot less carbs which is super impossible here because RICE haha. But our fridge is stocked with delicious fresh produce and I feel great! I´m still working on cutting back on ice cream though....
 
Good news: an investigator that I feared had died is alive! And not in the hospital anymore. HURRAY FOR LIFE. 
 
10 days until CHRISTMAS and I´m so excited. The package mom sent me is tempting me.
 
I was unvoluntarily volunteered to direct the ward choir.
 
Our zone is coordinating a ¨dance of the midgets¨for the  Christmas zone conference next week so hopefully I will have a video to share.
 
Funny story of the week. We were in the mission office with several other missionaries. My Mexican Zone leader had a question for one of the Senior missionaries who doesn´t speak Spanish and askeed me to translate for a sec. I was like, ¨sure I got this¨So the elder asked me the question in Spanish and then I turned and asked the same exact question to the senior missionary In SPANISH. They both looked at me and I was like "oh sorry!" and I tried again and got it. Then the senior missionary responded to me in English and I turned to the Elder and repeated exactly what he had said IN ENGLISH. They stared at me again and I was like "oh wait! let me try again!" hahaha. Any hopes and dreams I had of coming home and being a translator have been flushed down the toilet haha.
 
Love you all and hope you have a great week!
 
Hermana Anderson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment