Thursday, July 23, 2015

July 22nd

Did you know that in the DR you don´t have to go to the orthodontist to get your braces done? They just send a 26 year old guy to your house with rubber gloves and a couple tools and he adjusts all the brackets for you while you sit on your couch! Why haven´t Americans caught that wave yet?

Hermana Bonilla and I are having lots of fun! It´s been very hot, so we just buy mangos that are the size of your head and eat them nice and chilled. 

I also drank water straight out of a coconut this week! 

A long time ago dad sent me a quote from Elder Holland I believe that said, "There´s no growth in the comfort zone, there´s no comfort in the growth zone." That quote has been really influential in my perspective while serving my mission. I think as disciples of Christ we all need to learn to accept that we´re not anywhere near perfect--and that should make us uncomfortable. The key is finding a balance between allowing yourself to feel uncomfortable enough to be humble and repent and not losing hope that growth is a process. The road to perfection is a long and uncomfortable one, but it should also be a happy, humbling, and enlightening one. Oh and don´t forget that the end destination is perfection at the right hand of our Father in Heaven. 

Have a wonderful week
Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment