Wednesday, June 10, 2015

June 10th

Esperanza is the town where I am serving and translated to English it means "hope". Hope is on the rise every day it seems. I believe more in people and myself and especially in the miracles of the Lord. One miracle we saw this week occurred as the people we teach decided to take a step of faith and fast with us. The most notable miracle happened to Emilia. She is investigating the church with her not-married-by-the-law husband Gerbinson and they really love the church but are struggling to decide if they are convinced enough to change their lives by getting married and baptized. They agreed to fast with Hermana Blanch and me this weekend and as we kneeled in their living room to start the fast it was a very peaceful moment. Emilia told us the next day that as we prayed she felt and saw a bright light fill the entire room and just knew that God was communicating to her that she was on the right path and that she should continue forward in this church. Miracles happen once in a while when you believe.
Two intriguing things from my week
-I met a woman who is 108 and still kickin. She uses a shortened broom stick as a cane and lives alone. For the most part she cooks and cleans for herself, using the cane to load and remove the clothes from her washer. She fluidly speaks spanish and english, effortlessly switching from one to the other. And she wrote her name and address down for me, along with the date of her 109th birthday. If I´m stil in Esperanza in September I am baking her a big cake.
-I determined that boy in the ward named Wilson strangely resembles a young Justin Bieber. Look at the photos and video from this week. 
Have a good one!
Love,
Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment