Wednesday, September 9, 2015

September 9th

Things are swell here in La Vega. The Elders had a baptism on Saturday. Lizandro is 9 and just great. His aunt has been bringing him to church for years and he loves it. After being confirmed on Sunday he was the second person to get up to bear his testimony. He said, "I know the Church is true. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen." It was so simple and so sweet and probably my favorite testimony of the whole meeting.

This week I made bread! It was my first time trying and I think it turned out pretty okay. There will be further attempts to come as I fully anticipate becoming a highly qualified housewife and granny. 

Funny story of the week: We went to contact a reference that the Assistants gave to us last week. They were in town and I guess they ran into someone who was interested about the gospel. So when we showed up we asked how Kathy met the elders and she said, "they didn{t tell you?" and proceeded to tell the story. She needs to get baptized so that one day she can tell her conversion story. It would go a little something like this, "When I was 21, I didn{t really know what I was doing with my life. Then one day the gospel of Jesus Christ hit me like a truck...a big white truck with a missionary at the wheel." Yeah, they literally RAN into her. She was fine. It was a minimal contact incident. And it turns out she{s really cool and she and her boyfriend want to learn a lot more about the church. God has a strange way of bringing miracles to pass.

I want to share a quick testimony about the power of prayer. I really don{t think there is anything else that brings us closer to God than communing with Him throughout the day. Keep praying. I promise He is always listening.

Much Love
Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment